Estero Parkway is the first and largest capital improvement project undertaken by the Village of Estero since incorporation on Dec. 31, 2014. This major thoroughfare is not only more attractive with new landscaping, but safer for motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians, day or night.
Major improvements to the parkway include:
- Smooth, quiet road surface
- New U-turn opportunities
- Increased length of car stacking at U-turns and HOA entrances
- New traffic divider installed at Walmart to eliminate a dangerous intersection
- New pedestrian walkways the length of the parkway, separated far from traffic lanes
- 7-foot bicycle lanes with enhanced green color pavement at intersections
- Additional street lighting
- Three new wells to enable proper irrigation
- Beautification with enhanced landscaping
The Village held a ribbon-cutting ceremony on Feb. 11, 2021, to celebrate the renovation. Enjoy this Estero Life Magazine exclusive drone video footage of the new Estero Parkway!