Harvest & Wisdom, a farm-to-table organic restaurant to open this summer at Shangri-La Springs’ historic property in downtown Bonita Springs
Seasonal ingredients just-picked from the property’s organic, no-till garden or grass fed, pastured-raised protein delivered from nearby Circle C Farm, will be expertly and lovingly crafted into unique and delectable dishes at Harvest & Wisdom. Culinary creations will be led by Michelin-starred Executive Chef Allen Fisher, competitor on Food Network’s Chopped, who brings more than 18 years of professional cooking and kitchen management experience and an extensive background of developing new concepts using local and organic products.
“We intend to carefully source items to be of the highest quality available,” said Chef Fisher. “We will harvest fresh, seasonal produce from our own on-site organic garden and support local farms for fresh produce, protein and seafood. Diners will enjoy the very cleanest ingredients, simply prepared.”
Delicious Harvest & Wisdom highlights on the ever-changing seasonal menu could include:
• Organic caprese salad featuring heirloom tomatoes, creamy burrata cheese, small batch hand-crafted olive oil, flake sea salt, aged balsamic vinegars and just-picked baby opal basil
• Squash salad with shaved organic zucchini and yellow squash, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, flake sea salt, small batch hand-crafted olive oil, feta cheese, and just-picked baby opal basil and mint
• Circle C Farm lamb sausage with lentiled pigeon peas, pickled fennel, fennel fronds, pickled mustard seed and demi-glace
• Circle C Farm bone-in ribeye garnished with shaved purple carrots, sautéed radishes and seared garlic kale
• Crispy skin seabass with bok choy, julienne carrots and green piquillo peppers, fumet broth, lime oil, red pepper oil and micro cilantro
Up to 24-seat private dining is available for intimate occasions and events. Harvest & Wisdom’s chef and onsite catering experts can design custom menus, from light refreshments to full-course dinners. Special dietary requests are welcomed including gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan. Harvest & Wisdom at Shangri-La Springs will be open for lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
About Shangri-La Springs
Built in 1921, Shangri-La Springs currently offers a variety of unique services including a stately property with an organic garden, fitness studio, full-service organic spa, gift shop and event and wedding venue rated GOLD in the Naples Daily News 2019 Best of Bonita/Estero. The property specializes in offering guests a nexus of beneficial practices, activities and engagement opportunities that include wellness classes, art shows and special programs. A range of natural and organic treatments and products including facials, massages, eucalyptus steam room, far infrared sauna and private garden lounge are offered at the Spa at Shangri-La Springs, which was rated SILVER for Day Spa in the Naples Daily News 2019 Best of Bonita/Estero. In addition, the historic property is undergoing interior renovations to open as a full-service boutique hotel that will feature 21 guest rooms, a restaurant and bar, outdoor dining area and conference room in the Great House. Renovations are also underway for six guest rooms located in Villa Ascona, a building positioned near the property’s courtyard, perfect for spa weekends or bridal party accommodations. Renovations to the hotel property are underway, with the restaurant opening during the summer. Shangri-La Springs is located at 27750 Old 41 Road in Bonita Springs. For more information call 239-949-0749 or visit www.ShangriLaSprings.com.