- This event has passed.
NAMI Collier County Hope Shines Luncheon
December 10, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm$300
The event will feature Zak Williams, the son of the late actor and comedian Robin Williams, who died by suicide after suffering from depression and diagnosis of Lewy Body Dementia. Williams’ son also navigated PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), depression and anxiety, and now is a mental health advocate working to raise awareness and access to mental health support and treatment. He serves as a U.S. trustee for Global Mental Health, is a board member of the mental health awareness nonprofit Bring Change 2 Mind and is the CEO and founder of anxiety relief company PYM.
Since March 2020, NAMI Collier has:
- Helped 75 homeless people find save, supportive housing
- Experienced a 56% increase in request for consumer care fund assistance
- Seen more than 50% increase in demand for services
- Seen a 30% increase in support group attendance
- Seen a 22% increase in H.U.G.S. Children’s program referrals for services
- Seen a 25% increase in visits to the drop-in center, with group attendance doubling since the center reopened in September 2020
- Delivered food to more than 6,000 people in response to the need for community resources.
The 2021 event will be the 14th annual fundraising luncheon hosted by NAMI Collier. Funds raised from the event will be used to continue free mental health offerings and services to the community. In consideration of everyone’s health, the luncheon event will be held outside on the terrace.
Leave a Comment