As we continue to navigate through the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Village of Estero has created a Coronavirus web page to keep the community informed and up to date. Please bookmark this website: https://estero-fl.gov/coronavirus/. Check it often for current information and advisories from the State of Florida Department of Health, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Lee County Health Department and Lee Health. You may also sign up to receive Health Updates from the Village of Estero via email by subscribing at www.estero-fl.gov.
The Village’s dedicated Coronavirus Resources page includes a map providing at-a-glance statistics on the number of new COVID-19 cases in the state of Florida each day. This map is searchable by county and illustrates the current trend of the curve. Also on the website, you will find general coronavirus resources, including Frequently Asked Questions, official recommendations, information about Lee Health TeleMedicine services and live tweets from Lee County, the CDC and Lee Health.
Please continue taking these precautions:
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
What do I do if I feel sick?
If you have a fever or cough, you might have COVID-19. Please take the following precautions to safeguard your health and the health of those around you. If you have emergency warning signs like difficulty breathing, get medical attention right away.
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor or other medical care facility.
- Wear a face mask when you are around other people and before you enter a healthcare provider’s facility.
- Isolate from family members and pets, and avoid sharing household objects like dishes, utensils, towels and bedding.
- Stay in touch with your medical care provider and follow their care instructions.
Lee Health TeleMedicine
For a limited time, Lee Health is offering TeleHealth services free of charge as a resource the community. See a doctor from your computer or mobile device. Lee TeleHealth is a phone call away and is available 24/7. More information can be found at https://www.leehealth.org/our-services/telemedicine.
Take the Pledge!
- To social distance when I need to leave my home for any reason.
- To stay home as much as possible.
- To practice proper handwashing techniques.
- Not to gather in groups of more than 10.
- To stay calm, stay kind and stay safe. For all of us.
More COVID-19 Resources [Breakout box]
- World Health Organization: who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Florida Department of Health: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/
- Lee County: https://www.leegov.com/covid-19/
- Village of Estero: https://estero-fl.gov/coronavirus/
Call Center available 24/7: 1-866-799-6121
- State of Florida Department of Health Helpline: Call 1-866-779-6121 or email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org